Sunday, April 08, 2012

Own Business vs Corporate World

A girlfriend gave me a business proposal recently. It was not a surprise... she has hinted it so many times before and passed me several articles to read. I am very diligent and have read them all.

While I like the proposal, I am very hesitant to participate for several reasons.

Firstly, I like the corporate world. I cannot imagine running my own business or going into a business with a friend - what more a good friend. I am so scared that if things go wrong, I may end up not having the friendship. I get a lot of satisfcation in the corporate world, the rat race, the competition, the meetings, everything.

Secondly, my girlfriend and I have very strong personalities and I know if we were to work together, we will end up "killing" each other eventually! I don't think two strong personality people should run a business together. You need a business partner to complement your personality. I don't fall into that category.

And finally, how can one live on savings until the business is finally bringing in profit? Seriously. That's too risky.

There are instances when I feel that I have had enough of the media industry and I want to leave.... and if I ever do that, I would consider a career in the preschool sector - not as a techer though.

No comments: