Monday, April 09, 2012

The 10 Things to Remember


This list has been with me for some time now. It's pasted on my cubicle - it has come with me from the office in Atrium - Tower B to Tower A to the short stint in Outram and now to New Tech Park.

A male Malay colleague once saw it on my desk and asked me why do I place such things on my cubicle - the answer is simple - it's a reminder. I work in an environment where I could choose a live a lifestyle that will give me happiness in the world today/ now and may not necessarily be so in the life after. Parties, alcohol, music, rock & roll, liberal lifestyle, dining in the best restaurants in Asia and the world - meeting all sorts of people, decision makers, entertainers, company leaders, you name it. It is so easy to just go with the flow and be "in".

I am thankful I continue to be steadfast in my faith and practices, I continue to have patience as I explain and educate again to my non Muslim colleagues, friends, acquaintances what some of my beliefs are. InsyaAllah, this will continue through.

No comments: