Monday, April 30, 2012

Me and My Never Ending Maid Stories

No surprise. I am changing my maid again.

The current one is mom's choice and she made mom so angry, mom's BP went up to 166! No kidding.

I came home from a business trip and got a earful of mom's frustrations. Last Sat, we shortlisted one and this Thursday we are interviewing.

Today, the new rule kicks in. I wonder what is real basis for the increase in salary when most of these maids can hardly work. Previously, all they did was to learn for the entry test. I was informed that they spend Mon-Fri learning and memorising English words. On weekends, they are trained to do housework. I don't think that has changed. Experienced maids - there are more risks - and I'd rather avoid getting one experienced one.

I would go without a maid for mom if I could. Mom needs help with the lil one and at home with housework... though mom says otherwise. She also needs the company especially on nights when she is alone at home.

Luck plays an important role and all I can do is pray that my next maid is a good one. It's my fourth change... I'm pretty sure MOM will call me in for that interview!

No comments: