Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Business Travels

For business trip, I like to travel on my own. I like being on my own; the time is mine to manage and I don't have to accommodate to any requests.
Alternatively, I prefer to travel with a male colleague - because they tend to leave you when you get to the hotel.

You may be wondering why I'm entering such a post now - since I have been doing this for years already. I am somewhat irritable. Firstly, this is such a last minute trip that I was asked to go and manage, so I am still annoyed with that fact, secondly I have to deal with a colleague who calls me "Jan" and I have corrected the person before. I hate it when people cannot pronounce my name right. Yes, my name may be difficult to pronounce but hey, c'mon. There are 5 of us here in Manila this week. Naturally, we are all at the same hotel and while we have our own meetings to run and go to, we usually meet back at the hotel. And this is when my irritation begins. I need my space, I enjoy the idea of being on my own doing my own thing. So when I want to go for a massage or a spa or a run, I want to be doing that at my own time, by myself. I don't want to wait. I don't want to chat. If it's a company retreat or some bonding session that the company wants us to do, i'll do it, I have seen my colleagues in their worst state - drunk, at the gym looking flushed, naked, butt cracks, you name it, but that does not mean I want them to see me in my robe at the spa or my calves ( i don't wear anything short!).

And right now I want to work as I have a lot to submit in the next few days, I don't want a night cap and I don't want another session of spa.

No comments: