Monday, February 27, 2012

Goodbye, Nong

Nong, aka Revi (mom calls her Ravi) my domestic helper went home two weeks ago. Her contract with us ended and she is now on a journey to finish her studies. That was her goal, to save as much money as possible so she could pay for her school fees.

I took a new helper for my mom, Tarkunah and mom insists on calling her "Taqwa". Mom had her reasons unfortunately, Taqwa journey with us ended last Friday. Mom said she is too short- you cannot have 2 short ladies in the house can you? and here I was thinking of getting another set of ladder for mom's place! and another reason for sending her back is because mom does not like her face. She hardly smiles and that's a problem. Even my youngest son does not want to play with her!

I've been interviewing and screening so many candidates at the agency, that by the time I selected my final helper, I cannot even remember her name and her background! One candidate's name is Jaya Indah. I told her it sounds like a big gedung in Banjarmasin! I was kidding of coz!

So, the new replacement came last Sunday. Dasti is her name. She reminds me of my childhood friend from Penang. The good news is, she is much taller, slightly gendut, is generous with her smile and most importantly, mom looks happier with Dasti.

Hope the ride ahead is smooth. I don't want to go through the same episode of hiring and listening to mom's woes. It's never easy when a new helper comes on board.

No comments: