Friday, April 16, 2010

Ash Weekend

It's been 3 days and more flights are cancelled.
I was supposed to leave for Zurich this morning, the flight was cancelled last evening.

While I am still optimistic and continue to look at various options to leave this beautiful French Riveria, I am telling myself to accept whatever that comes my way. I am disappointed - you may wonder why. I've been here more than 15 times - so I have seen enough. The Europeans love the sun, drinking champagne by the beach and enjoying the sea view. While I love being in the sun and the cold wind, I need to be occupied and doing some things. Shopping is out of the question now - things are not cheap and I have packed. And I miss my family back home.

I had a good time last evening with my colleagues from UK and Australia. I am really blessed to know them and knowing that we care for each other. Our programming head for all Nick channels was up all night sorting out various routes/ flights for all his programming members. He was adamant I stay put and not try my luck via Frankfurt. Frankfurt air traffic is now closed.
My UK colleagues left this morning at 3am - car ride to Paris and later on Eurostar train to London. Hope all goes well on their end.

This experience is just so surreal. I'm sure when we meet again next time we'll be talking about our experience and be thankful that all are well.

I don't know my next destination at the moment - latest update - Rome air traffic is now closed.

No comments: