Thursday, November 04, 2010

Home Maker, Mom & Career Woman

I've enjoyed the last 3 months as a home maker and fulltime mom. I enjoyed seeing my baby grow, listening to my elder son's stories about school, his friends and playing with his imaginary toys, listening to hubby telling me about his work - everything.I'm happy to spend time preparing dinner and watching SEDAP almost every evening to get some interesting recipes to try. I made desserts - brownie, pulut serunding, serawa, naga sari... food that hubby and son love. I read and surf the internet. I met with gfs and kept abreast of industry and office developments. I spent time with mom and listening to mom's stories. I started exercising - and now I could run again. Today it took me 16mins to run 2km. Not great but it's a good start. I spent time by myself, to reflect and think of my next steps and plan for my future.

And I think I have enough of all of that. Now I want to go back to work. I want to get caught in traffic in the morning. I want to wake up early and enjoy the silence as I prepare breakfast for my boys and get my adrenalin running at 6am. I want to dress up, put on my make up and do my hair. I want to change my bags everyday and wear all those shoes in the storeroom!

Will I miss being a full time mom? No but I will definitely be very happy to take on that mom and home maker role every evenings, the weekends and public holidays.

No comments: