Monday, December 24, 2007

Me Difficult?

I'm letting off some steam.

I expect my friends to respect my religious practices and make an effort to remember that I eat halal food. Yes, halal does not mean no pork, it is more than that. Yes, I do go to non-halal restaurants but that is most of the times due to work - with boss, with clients (and sometimes in front of my boss, I don't even eat!) but when I am with friends, I expect friends to understand and respect that. I am FED UP of having to remind friends again and again. We are in Singapore, you have access to the internet, you can google for halal places here in Singapore! There are many Chinese shops that serve halal food - for one, there is Banquet. Go in and you'll see that every stall in Banquet is being run by Chinese. Halal does not mean Malay(!)

So am I being difficult? I am being assertive. The next time I get another suggestion for a non-halal makan place, one thing is for sure, you will not see me there. I'll join you guys later for coffee.

No comments: