Monday, December 03, 2007

When I Travel

I love to travel but I don't quite like traveling in SE Asia - call me a SNOB and I'll tell you "Whatever". I'm brought up in a country where everything is efficient, clean and safe... even when I am at home security comes first. My late father was a police inspector and he used to tell us many times to lock the door, the car, recognise buildings, faces, roads, what have you again and again. It has become a part of me.

Imagine how I feel when I found out troops stormed Peninsula Hotel in Makati City Manila last week. It's exactly 2 weeks ago I was at the same hotel. We usually stay either in Peninsula or the Shang but after what happened at SM Mall a few weeks back, I wanted to stay at the Peninsula. Little did I know that this was going to happen. Gosh, scary.
I know anything can happen to anyone at any time ... before I become a mom, I wasn't too bothered but now that I am a mom, I don't want anything to happen to me!

No comments: