Monday, September 25, 2006

Fractured October

Hubby fractured his finger during a soccer game last Friday. He refused to go to the doctor initially because he is a firm believer of traditional healing. Me on the other hand is a firm believer of modern medication. On Sunday, he was in extreme pain and agreed to go see a doctor. I brought him to NUH. He came back with 2 days MC, an appointment to see a hand surgeon, a bandaged finger and a foul mood.

It does not help that this happen during Ramadan because I need him to help me in the kitchen to prepare breakfast. He did try last evening when I got home from work however, he was so clumsy and slow that I had to initially tell him to just set the table and eventually ignored him.

So this morning after sahur, I told him that his timing is perfect. Guess what was his cheeky reply? He said that for the past 3 years, I have always been traveling during Ramadan and this is the first time that I have to stay put. So, this is time for me to give him the extra TLC to make up. Ish.

No comments: