Monday, September 18, 2006

Absent Minded... Forgetful... Me?

I have always prided myself for having a good memory. I don't remember details but I do remember most things. In the "Idiot Guide to being Pregnant", I have been warned that I will experience absentmindedness and being forgetful... initially I told myself God's Willing that will not happen to me.... until recently.

Hubby now does not want me to drive because I have done the following 1) forgot my destination... I will continue to drive and miss my exit, 2) Road hog. I forgot that I am driving on the right lane and brake at the last minute. As a co-pilot he gets annoyed and when I drive to work he has to call and send me SMS messages to remind me to not speed, don't road hog and exit at the right place ;) Honestly, I don't realize what I've done until he highlighted to me recently. I guess he must have had enough.

At work, I have missed a few meetings - luckily for me, my boss was not in those meetings, I make a habit of writing down what I have to do next but sometimes it does not make sense.... Once I remembered I wanted to inform Ad Sales of something but ended up writing a show title instead ;P

At home, I go round looking for my things because I just cannot remember where I left my stuff. I thought I've lost my i-pod recently because I could not find it in the study and in the office. I found it later in one of my many handbags....

I do laugh at myself most times and I am making a conscious effort to remember things. For now, I shall enjoy being pregnant and everything else that comes with it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi dearie!

THIS is normal - really!Just don't beat yourself on that...aiyaaahh....part of life leh :)
Look at me - already got a baby and STILL have not recovered my memory loss!!! Errr... what was I about to type now????!!!*Wink*

Luff,
Babs