Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Hot Topic

Since we moved to Lorong Chuan, the topics of conversation revolves around food, the location and how much our lives have changed. Our weekends are sacred - that precious time we have, we want to sleep in, spend time with family, friends but now, we wake up early on Sat to run our errands. We've been charged with late payments - phone bills, etc. We have to ensure we have enough money in our wallet because there is no ATM machine in our building! I have $80 in my purse for the longest time and it has been like that for many weeks. But when the weekend comes, I spend more - on food and things that I don't usually buy when our office was in town.

I still have not figured out how and when I can squeeze in some time to exercise and doing my errands on weekdays. I need to figure out how to do cash transfer online to another bank and figure out what time I need to leave the office to get to the nearest mall - I don't want to wait in the queue for that parking lot. So many changes and adjustments and I have not even shared with you changes from a professional front and physically!

While it can be hilarious listening to colleagues and friends talking about adjustments and the experiences they get when they go to the neighbourhood malls, it also made me realize how spoilt some of us are... me included.

Year 2010 has been nothing but changes and challenges and yes, some good moments. It's 28 days to end of the year... and while I can continue to moan and groan, I have to snap out of it and embrace these changes and challenges.

No comments: