Thursday, October 15, 2009

On the road

I have been away from my family for about 13 days now. I got home for a few days and left off again.
My lil one chooses his Abah over me and I spend the first few hours at home cuddling and playing with him - so he knows, Mama is still around.
My hubby when I told him I have to travel again, was clearly not happy but is supportive - and I appreciate that. Who could blame them, I have been away for a while.
I dare not tell them of my upcoming trips - Manila, KL (again) and possibly Hong Kong.

You see, if you think a jet setting life is interesting, it is not. It can get depressing. When I was single and new to the job, I was super happy with the traveling that I get to do. I took time to also check out the cities I visited.
But 1 year into the job, I realized the following:

- I aged a lot faster
- My mom has aged a lot more - i know she was worried and she continues to worry
- My friends are frustrated with me as it is difficult to meet up and chat
- I miss my friends' kids birthdays (!) not good
- I spend a lot of money - on so many things!
- I am now used to a particular lifestyle - so when I go on a holiday, I become super choosy with hotels
- On vacation, when I reach the airport all I want to do is take my luggage and get out
- I buy facial products that promises no fine lines and dark eye rims

10 years into the job and now that I am a wife and a mom, I am going through the following:

- I aged even more and am thinking of getting La Mer for my skincare! scary thought that is!
- I have to spend more time exercising - so that my body could detox and my metobolism rate increases and I am burning fats while at rest and my skin is supple so - I want to look younger! hahahah
- I have to deal with crappy TV shows in hotel rooms
- I sometimes talk to myself in the room - like "where did I leave that bla bla.. or, this show is really bad!"
- It can get very lonely
- I call home often and spend lots of $$ on phone bills. Call hubby, son and mom.
- I spend time chatting online with friends and on FB
- I spend time people watching - in cafes, in massage parlour, in restaurants, in car, in hotel lobby

Short travels are fine. Long ones like this, makes me write such stuff on the blog and my mind wanders to all over the world and place. And when that happens, I can't sleep and the next day, I am super cranky.

No comments: