Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bootcamp

My colleague suggested I join her on Sat morning for an exercise bootcamp. I took on her offer and went to East Coast Park. I don't know what to expect but I was told that if I follow instructions and put my heart and soul into doing the exercise, I could get rid of 1000 calories in 1hr. Not bad. If I were to go on the treadmill and run in the gym, I would have lost only 300 calories!

I did not expect to see a big group - there were about 20 of us and 3 instructors! Of that 20, I have 5 other colleagues with me - that was good. The exercise routine were tolerable - we had to do push ups, crunches, shuttle runs, squats - I felt good - the pace was good and everyone in the group motivated each other. I spoke to a lady from Holland and she has been following the bootcamp for 4months. She said she has lost 7kg! Not bad eh.

I survived the bootcamp. No aches, no pains just tired, super thirsty and very hungry - after the session and throughout the day.

Will I make it to next Saturday? God-willing I will!

3 comments:

noz said...

wah bestnya... If I was leaving in Spore. I surely join you one...

Anonymous said...

waahh..beb. bestnyer...
wat tym at east coast eh? punyerlah jauh...

UndomesticQueen said...

it's at 830am sista. There are weekday sessions too - also kat East Coast. There is a Sunday session at West Coast - cuma I don't go there because my colleagues go to the one on Sat and the more kakis you have, the better.
Comelah join me for one session - it's free. I can fetch you and we go together. Keen?