Saturday, November 29, 2008

Indonesia Got Talent

The last 4 days in Indonesia clearly showed me that Indonesia has got a natural pool of talents. The local music scene here rocks - the music are fantastic - very touching lyrics about friendship, ambitions and yes love and the singers are very gorgeous and wild!!! I have been to several live shows back home but nothing compares to this particular one. Every kid in the hall were singing along to the song of their idols, screamed their lungs out when their idol comes on stage, stomp the floor when they had to wait - all in unison. They are such great crowd audience that I definitely say we make history today in Indonesia TV scene for kids.
Even when we had to pull a kid from the crowd to sing, I was amazed at how good his voice was. There was a kid comedian who came up during commercial breaks to warm up the crowd - he made me laughed so hard, I cried.

The people I meet here are down to earth, simple, respectful, sincere, easy going and love to look for funny little things in everything they do. The celebrities are young (mostly 14 -early 20's), extremely gorgeous - and very respectful to the elders - something that I do not get to see back home. I was in awe when they sang and definitely I am now more keen to explore the world of Indonesian music.

No comments: