Thursday, October 23, 2008

My First Night Out with Germans

SS invited me to her b'day party on Tuesday last week. She said, it's a small party amongst close friends only. I suspected that her other friends are Germans and true enough when I got to the apartment I was greeted by Germans. It was pretty entertaining listening to them speak in their language (yes, they do translate and fill me in between their conversations) - while I don't understand their language, looking at their animated faces and picking up several English words in their conversation, I could tell what they were saying. Interestingly, while watching their mouth and listening to their conversations, I could not help but noticed that their language sounded a little like Dutch language - the "heute" and the "der" are similar... heh, not that I can speak Dutch language in the first place. I had an interesting and entertaining evening. I went back to the apartment that night wanting to know more about Germans and their culture and I hope to go to Germany one day for a vacation.

No comments: