Saturday, September 27, 2008

Iftar Part 2

Iftar session was at ESST restaurant in Westin Hotel. The restaurant has a modern zen open kitchen concept and includes individual private rooms. We had one of the rooms. The restaurant carries a variety of Asian cuisines ranging from Vietnamese to Japanese to Chinese, Malay and Thai. I ordered a little of everything.

I am no foodie so I really cannot comment on the food. However, I do like the ambience of the private room and I was lucky because one of the partners that I sat with has a very interesting character and personality. I have to admit I enjoyed the conversation that we had and his weird humor. I also get to know more of the TV viewing habits in Malaysia for the older audience. All in all an interesting evening... I have to admit, I dreaded the whole idea initially because I don't fancy having a meal and making small conversations but this one was good.

While I do enjoy the food, I got back to my hotel room feeling hungry. I realized I wanted simple stuff like noodles or kueh or curry puff but I got none. I was counting down the hours to my sahur. I had porridge and I ate with much gusto!

No comments: