Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Unleashed the Power of Zanee O

I feel like a free individual these days... because I have become my true Singaporean self. I can use "lah", "lor", "meh", "where got", "can lah" and of course curse in Chinese, Cantonese, Malay and eerrr... tamil/hindi not yet but will get there one day!

the last 5 years, i have been speaking properly and living in 2 worlds... or perhaps 3. With my guai lo colleagues, I have to be proper and speak in full sentences. I sometimes don't laugh at their jokes because simply I don't get it. I think the feeling is mutual. When I curse, I use that same adjectives everyone uses... you knowlah which one. Now, I'm free!!! I can speak English, Malay, Chinese, all in one sentence. How cool is that? I've become this truly asian girl... maybe should get Malaysian tourism board to feature me in their ads. Anyway!

So i told my gf this morning that for the last few years "saya terperangkap" and of course I started singing this particular song by Nash - Terperangkap, dalam sinaran.... sinaran yang, mengilaukan mata... something like that lah. I am Zanee O afterall... i sing all sorts of songs that my Malay friends pretend they don't listen and don't like. Aiyah... i'm sure they do enjoy listening to these songs but don't want to be associated with it. *sigh* Afterall, when I sing to them Mazuin Hamzah's songs, they burst out laughing... deep inside, I know they listened to her too when they were young and must have read Varia Pop about Mazuin's wedding to the Prince Kutil!

No comments: