Monday, November 26, 2012

The Run that Never Happened

I've been very generous this year - generous at registering for various runs and that's all to it. I did not even completed one. Ironically, I trained for it. I get super excited when I ran 4km in just 28mins and aimed to run 5km in 30-35mins. 10km in 1hr.

Shape Run - registered, collected my tag. On the actual day, I had to be in KL to work. That was in July.

Great Eastern Run - registered, collected my bag. 10km. All excited. On that day, I fell sick. And to make it worst, I have not fully recovered. Am still coughing, am still sniffling and it's been 2-3 weeks already!

Run for Hope - registered. On the actual day, I was hoping for my two boys and husband to fully recover from fever and that awful cough. Thanks to me! share share share!

Stan Chart Run - registered for the entire family. I am running - after my kids as we will be in Penang that weekend to attend my cuzzy's wedding.

The only run that we did was Passion Run/ Walk. In the rain, with ponchos and I didn't even break into a sweat!

This morning, since I was early for work, I decided to drive down along Thomson and Ang Mo Kio Ave 1. Passed by Bishan Park - gosh I miss running in that park. It's been 2 months - I was traveling and till today have not recovered from my flu and cough. Can't wait to put on that running shoes again. 4km in 30mins? I'll be happy if I can do 3km in 30mins. Start from the beginning... again.

No comments: