Monday, October 29, 2012

Maidless

From getting a new maid and now maidless! Hah! My luck with maids is really lousy this time round.
So! While I was in Cannes, the new maid at home gave mom a hard time, she cried almost everyday and insist on going home. When I called mom, the first thing the maid said to me was, she wanted to go home. Let me tell you how I feel - super annoyed. Imagine - me at the airport, waiting for my luggage, looking out for my kids, on the phone wanting to speak to mom, instead, I had to deal with such news. I sent her back 2 days later and registered my youngest son to daycare! So sudden and abrupt you may think, I don't really have a choice.

Mom turned 70 recently and while she insists that she is fine, she's exhausted by the time we leave her place. My youngest boy is super active, he wants nenek to carry him each time he hears the helicopter and planes fly by. I think in a day, that happens like 10x!

Last night as I was washing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen, I asked her again if I could get her a maid - last week she said no, this time round, she just said "it's up to you, tak payah kelam kabut". That's a good sign. Also, the last thing I want to deal with when I get home from work is housework at mom's!

No comments: