Monday, October 29, 2012

2 letters

I collected 2 letters last week.

The first one says - Congratulations, You have Won... 2 pairs of return tickets to Bali on Garuda Airlines. We have to travel by 20th November. I was informed of the prize towards the end of Sept when I was in Manila, in the car ride. My colleagues were excited for me. Bali - great I thought. That's probably the last place I want to bring myself (and perhaps my kids) to. I was reminded to collect the letter again when I was in Cannes. That's how excited I am with the win.
If you really want to know - we are not going to Bali. Hubby agrees. The main reason for me - I want to stay put here in SG. I have been traveling since Sept and I am very tired already. And the reason for hubby - the kids are still too young for Bali. Hurray. Tickets are non-transferrable. Too bad.

The second one is from LTA - yes again. It's a warning letter - telling me that I could have been fined and given 4 demerit points for speeding along Lornie Road. It's my 3rd letter already and I am making conscious efforts to stay within the speed limit! This morning as I was driving, I caught them on the overhead bridge - so what did I do? I waved at the camera! :)

No comments: