Friday, October 07, 2011

Treasured Experience

I have to say that I have been very fortunate to be working with one of the best brands in the world. I meet with people of various cultures, nationalities, backgrounds and there are some who I have called friends. I have seen myself grown over the years, on all levels, personally and professionally. My colleagues are very down to earth and real and that’s what I really and truly thankful for. Without such people around me, working life would have been very miserable.

I do reflect on my life once in a while to make sure that I stay focused on my personal goals. For people who work in this media industry, we are lucky to be walking along the Mediterranean for work, we are lucky to be eating and dining in the best restaurants, served by well known Chefs (not that I am a fan of fine dining but hey!... soak in the moment).

We are lucky to soak in luxury as we do our meeting on luxury yacht. We were on the Galaxy Castletown ( Jayzee and Beyonce once booked the same yacht!) for dinner- We had the privileged to do a boat tour – it’s massive! There is a gym and a Jacuzzi, kitchen, an office, a laundry area, a helipad.. when the owner decides to be on board and 16 crews on board! Talk about the life of the rich and famous!


Most importantly, we continue to be inspired by the creative people from around the world. I met with creators of popular kids shows as they come in to pitch their ideas, how thorough they are in terms of research, in terms of association with the professionals in the kids’ space, how connected they are to technology and creating content to feed all the mutiplatforms that continues to grow till this day.
I’m inspired each time I return from my trip or sessions with my colleagues. I hope that inspiration continues and translates in what I do.

No comments: