Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Goodbye Gym!

I first hit the gym in 1999 at California Fitness and I've been a member since. I have decided that I cannot afford to go to the gym in the next few months. Simply because of time and my office location.

I must admit I have not found "the" place for my runs yet. I've explored Serangoon area - housing estates, private estates, stadium and even went to explore Bishan Park and tried running at MacRitchie. With the latter 2, while it's nice to be doing the runs surrounded by nature, I don't feel comfortable since it gets dark by 7pm.

It has been a real challenge to run in the mornings. I remembered doing that when Abang was 10-11months old but with Adik, it's just different. I'm lucky if he continues to sleep through the night.

On Sundays, I get my boys and hubby to run with me. Hubby is my motivator and he thinks I should participate in that Safra run this Sept. He nust have forgotten that I have signed up for that Women run in July. Abang helps me with my stamina because he likes to make me do short sprints running after him. Adik I guess cheers me on as I run towards his pram! He usually squeals in delight!

A girlfriend asked how do I find time. To be honest, I put it in my calendar. And it is tough. I sacrifice on sleep, if I have a call at 8pm, I leave the office at 6-ish and be back in office again by 7-ish pm to get ready for the call. I am vain, I want to stay healthy and most importantly, I want to feel & look good.

When there's a will, there's a way.

No comments: