Monday, October 11, 2010

Goodbye The Atrium, Hello Lorong Chuan!

Yes we are moving. We are joining HBO and ESPN at Lorong Chuan.
I was part of the office move committee and this was definitely not my choice. The building reminds me of Bestway Building and the office space had a weird smell. One of my colleagues did not like it either but when she saw the tennis court, that worked for her. I wanted an office in the East - closer to hubby and we even planned to move to the East to cut traveling time in the morning!

I said 'goodbye" to our office in Atrium at the end of July. In fact, I said goodbye to many things - convenience, shopping malls, Starbucks and yes that prata cafe downstairs! I am not a fan but when you are pressed for time, you just have to go downstairs to grab food. I'll be saying hello to canteen food - and I think I may get up early to prepare lunch.

I saw an email this morning regarding the office move - the critical dates, the standard message to use in our "out of office" response and suddenly I wish I am in the office to experience the chaos. The last time we moved out of Temasek Towers, the whole office was a mess, we had a party - streamers, paints, shredded paper strewn everywhere! I wonder if the same would happen here at the Atrium.
The email also wanted HODs to be in the office by 830am - (yeah right), the MD to send a welcome note between a certain time and the first phone rings at 9am. I bet it's all because of Fengshui - we did engage a Fengshui Master to determine where a HOD sits and what to avoid. I remembered HR asking HODs for their DOB - some did not give and I am one of them. One of my colleagues who gave her DOB was told to remain single and forget about getting married! How depressing is that?!

1st Nov - a new chapter kicks in for us all. And for me that would be Nov 9 when I'm officially back in office!

No comments: