Sunday, August 17, 2008

Office Move

No, your memory does not fail you.
Yes, you have read about an office move on my blog before.
Yes, it is happening again - soon. Apparently in Oct but till today an office space has not been found.

I told a friend I send an email to our "Can We Talk" - an annonymous venue for staff to voice out. It's not annonymous because HR reads it and if they share that email to the management team, how can you call it annonymous. This is not the first time I wrote to them via this channel anyways.

My friend laughed at me when she heard what I told her what I emailed. I don't know what is so amusing but I laughed along with her. She was funny being funny and it worked. I guess the reason why she laughed is because in my email to "Can We Talk" I listed down the following:

- the 2 venues that I suggested - one has lots of European offices and one American offices

- how robust each venue is - this includes upcoming projects and buildings and known brand moving to that area

- the additional costs that staff has to inquire - not a good time because of rising inflation and prices

And of course the part where she laughed out loud:

- the distance from the office space to an MRT station - to be exact about 500m-800m

But they are all good and valid reasons. So all one can do now is wait.

No comments: