Thursday, March 15, 2007

SS vs SM

Who would have thought I would call her a friend? I met her, SS 7 years ago. My first impression of her, she was sloppy, abrupt and rude. When I found out that she is from Germany, I thought my impression was right. Then one day we started working together - boy it was horrible initially. Firstly, she's very long-winded. Ask her a question and she does not know when to stop talking. Secondly, she always seek for more info and that infuriated me - its not as if she'd use all the info in the end. She wanted the system to be perfect, orderly - which means more work for all of us and I swear then I would have kicked her. She is too oblivious with whatever that happened around her. Definitely not someone I could go to for any gossip! When we travelled together for work, she was always late and made me wait - each time I would tell her off. SS said I am very stubborn and direct. I told her she is just as stubborn and direct. At one stage I felt we tried hard not to offend each other. Then one day, one of our distributors wanted to take us to lunch and he asked if it was ok for the three of us to have lunch together. We said yes and asked why. He thought we were enemies! Wow... we did not realize the impression we left on others.

Over time, we become fast friends. Deep down I know she is kind, values her friends and she has a pure heart. I know she will leave Singapore eventually but when she told me last week, it came as a surprise. We met for coffee before she left and I told her I would miss her. I never thought I would say such things to her. We promised to keep in touch and knowing her, we will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

femme:

Be careful with the abbreviations my fren. Lucky its not S&M *smile*

Anonymous said...

femme:

who's lina bedok? the name so unglam