Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I Wanna Be an Ang Mo

I don't always watch MTV channel - I'm past that age.

Anyway, caught the hosted links - VJ Fazura and VJ Colby. Colby is ang mo and of course the first one is notlah. Wah wah wah....... she speaks with an American accent sey. You see, if I have never heard her speak English before, I would have thought that hey, she probably studied or grew up in the states. But I have heard her before and the minute I heard her speak with an accent, I could not believe it. First, she was trying hard to follow what Colby was saying and was probably in her mind thinking of how to respond to him. She was probably rehearsing in her head, how can i say this out properly? Secondly, her sentences were short, Colby was doing all the talking and she could not interject anyway. She was not a natural. She was making faces, smiling and smiling - No substance.

This is such a perfect opportunity for her to extend her reach to non-Malay audience and her performance to me is a turn off. Why can't she just be her true self, speak as per normal and stay true to her identity?

Oh well, I'm known to voice out my opinion. I'm definitely voicing this one out to the producer and the C&C head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wah Wah Wah... daughter of Mr Mansor (anak Encik Mansor nih...) You don't love your mouth no more? (tak sayang muluuuut...) C&C all come out. Thank God no CNBC or CNN. hehehe. Anyhow, I tell you... (must read with KL accent)gua agree 100% lu punya sentiment. but sometime it's not easy telling ppl who don't want to improve themselves and think that they're very good...they have the face is enuf you know...