Thursday, October 03, 2013

Guilt @ Play!

Every year I do this annual pilgrimage to Cannes. And every year I feel guilty for leaving my kids behind. In fact I feel guilty when I go on long work trips. Period.

Leading up to the travel day, I declare myself supermom - because I want to do everything and anything for my kids and hubby. I would iron and hang up their uniform - Monday to Friday, make sure the fridge and pantry are all stored up with food and snack; rush at work to leave office at a certain time to rush and fetch the kids. And then rush again to play with them and pack my stuff. Half the time, I don't remember what goes into the luggage and start to fret about this and then. It is exhausting! And I have been doing this for the past 7 years, well since I have kids.

I know I am over compensating and while I may sound like I am complaining, most of the times after going through that moment, I ask myself, why did I do that for? Hubby has said it over and over again, they'll be fine and can manage.

Why can't I just take it as that and learn to relax?

No comments: