Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Traffic Traffic Traffic Everywhere Everyday!

I know. Everyone complains about traffic and I am no different! 90mins to get home! That's not the first time it happened!

I drive pass 2 ERP gantries everyday, pay my roadtax, COE and I make an effort to leave home early, and yet, I am caught in traffic almost everyday. Seriously, ALL the measures to curb traffic FAIL BIG TIME! I continue to get penalized for policies that do not work!

And they recently announced 40-50% downpayment - depending on your OMV. What are they doing to solve the current traffic jams on the road? Having a car may not necessarily be a luxury for some people/ family. It's a necessity. I really pity the newly weds and those with young families - how can they now afford to buy a car in future? And the old folks who have been driving all their lives, they too probably can't afford to get a new car once the COE to their current car expires!

Everytime when I travel to Jakarta, Bangkok or even Malaysia, I keep telling myself that I should be thankful the roads in Singapore are a lot better - even with traffic we can still make it to work on time. I am beginning to think otherwise now. Recently I noticed that I use traffic as a reason for being late. I get SMS messages from staff telling me they will be in late because they are caught in traffic or they just cannot get a cab.




No comments: