Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kueh Raya

This year, mom said she does not want to bake any cookies nor cakes.
The last time I baked for Hari Raya was 3 years ago, before I gave birth. This year, all I want to bake is brownies. Surely, I cannot give her just that right?

So I have been going around looking for kueh raya. I found a shop in Jurong West that sells really good Raya cookies. This morning, despite the heavy downpour, I went to the shop and bought a few varieties for mom. That was 830am - before I go off to work.

I've just spoken to mom -10mins ago. She sounded so tired. She was telling me about her day and guess what, she spent the afternoon making sugee cookies and wants to do pineapple tart this weekend. She has bought all the ingredients. She said, if she has time, she wants to bake cake lapis. I asked her how come? She said " for si kecik tu lah, lagipun kalau tak buat kek, macam tak best gitu". Ler, so fickle.

No comments: