Monday, June 19, 2006

60-an Joget

I was at a wedding yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed myself. They engaged the services of Sri Mahligai mini orchestra to perform. That group sang Malay songs from the 60's. They sang, Nonya Singapura, Manusia, Tak Seindah Jiwa, Gurindam Jiwa, Hello Hello Sayang and more... my oh my... i wished I could danced to the music. Since I couldn't, i resigned myself to singing and shaking my legs under the table. Of course, body wise, I had to sit still. Hubby was on my side... with a restraining order.

Few months back, when my cousin got married, she had Hindi songs... wah, that one also power. I wished I could do some banghra dance. Then, hubby had to remind me to be poised but at the end of the day, when the wedding had ended and we were cleaning up, all my cousins, uncles and aunts went into banghra mode. it was fun.

I think I have found a way to enjoy weddings.... yep enjoy the music, especially so for music from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Good idea eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wah wah wah.. mak enon berjoget